Saturday, April 12, 2014

Admission

It appears the ward is somewhat like a magnifying glass, highlighting your areas of weakness and maximizing your insecurities. 

I am finding myself to be highly anxious in this environment surrounded by various crazy people, me included. Not knowing which way to turn and who to trust. I am finding the nurses so overtly sincere it borders on pretense. 

It is such a bizarre environment to be in and I find myself hiding from the world, internally and externally. Tied up in knots trying to figure out which part belongs where. The paranoia of being unsafe and the ironic perceived protection from pieces of fabric draped around my given space. 


Surely evil can't invade past these enchanted drapes! Yet, they provide my desired isolation from all that lurks beyond, though never fully acknowledging the things I run from are inside my head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment